Friday, March 9, 2012

Three Girls and a Suitcase Man

Last time, I told you I was looking into making a short film for Youtube with two other people. I'd like to introduce them to you:

Heather O'Hourigan has the amazing ability to recount scenes from movies or television, word for word and move for move. While that in itself may not be a useful skill, she makes it useful by combining it with a dose of logic and a formidable acting and writing talent. How this applies: she's the stickler who says, "I don't think that character would say, 'It's not'. She'd say, 'It isn't'." We shake our heads sometimes, but we do appreciate it. Heather's credits include Ms. Potter in "It's a Wonderful Life" and Trudy in "The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe".

Gannopy Blakney-Urena has a great ear for flow and clarity, credibility and relevance. As an actress, she brings grace and sensibility to her characters. Her first movie (still untitled) is in post-production.

I don' t know how I managed to be so spoiled, but I'm blessed with a very talented family: Heather is my niece and Gannopy is my daughter. Yes, I'm very proud.

This project won't be done soon. For one thing, it's probably never going to be the top-priority project for any of us. School and marketable work come first. For another, Heather's the only one with any experience at all with Youtube beyond just viewing. And it goes on from there. This is going to an educational exercise, an exploration, and, just possibly, one day, a short film.

Oh, and it'll also be a lot of fun, and we want to take the time to make sure it stays that way.

I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful review, Jae! You did, however, forget to talk about one member of our small company...yourself! Jae is a wonderful writer, with the marvelous ability to effectively (yet kindly!) say, "Oh, no. Dear, I think you need more coffee. This word is not spelled this way. Grammatical errors a, b, and c are really basic things, and this makes no sense at all." (In other words, wake up, loca, because that is SO unlike you!)
    :) Anyway, thanks, and I look forward to working with the two of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Heather, thank you. But I figure that if anybody is reading this blog, they can learn about this member of our small company by reading the previous posts.

    ReplyDelete