Sunday, January 20, 2013

Jibril

An excerpt from my novel Resist the Devil:


Photo: harrycutting.blogspot.com



I am of the mujihadeen.

My father was a traitor and now he abides in the fire where he belongs. I will not be like him.

I am of the faithful ones and my day will come. The unbelievers will be surprised, and I will secure my place in the Garden.






Photo: zawaj.com

My mother is a fool.

She listens to the lies of the unbelievers. 


But I am of the faithful ones and my day will come.

I will secure my place in the Garden, and my mother’s eyes will be opened and she will be saved from the fire.






I am Jibril: Mighty One of God.

My day has not yet come, but it will come.

Perhaps my preparation will take longer than I had thought, but it will come.

I will be diligent and study, and I will secure my place in the Garden, and save my mother from the fire. 


Photo: flickriver.com



My training has taken longer than I ever imagined.


I have studied, I have researched, I have developed discipline,
endurance, strength and skill.


My day draws near.

I am of the mujihadeen.




Are you a writer? Have you taken the survey yet? 

A peer-helping-peer guild is coming together focused on providing free editing advice, helping you find more readers and whatever else indie writers need. So tell them what you need. Your participation means a more focused group, one that will truly help both new indie writers and established indie authors stand out and compete. 

Here's the survey. It's free and anonymous and only ten questions long:


Survey: What Indie Writers Need


For more information: 

No comments:

Post a Comment