Saturday, December 1, 2012

Noveling November

Now that NaNoWriMo is over, it's time to confess: I had two books going in November. Yup, it was a crazy month of writing full-tilt on both of them. One was my NaNoWriMo novel An Analysis of the Cardassian Language, and the other was real life.



Maybe it's Murphy's Law or something, but I don't know why the universe had to pick November to throw all these insane situations at me. Still, November is much better than some time in the winter. And it was a warm November, too, and it didn't even snow to speak of. I can't tell you much about it because while I'm pretty open about my own life, I don't blog about the lives of my family and friends. But if I were to write down everything that happened, just in November, with enough backstory to let it make any sense, it would be a book. And it would be a page-turner, too.

Writing my NaNoWriMo novel was a lot of fun, when I could get to it. I did manage to win (write 50,000 words in 30 days) but came far short of the 75,000 words of well-organized plot and well-written prose that I had hoped for. Still, considering how active King Murphy was, I feel good about it. What I do have, at 51,000 words, is a good start.

You can read a few chapters by clicking the links at the top of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment