Monday, December 31, 2012

The Short Story of New Year's Resolutions

New Year's resolutions make me laugh. Here we have this annual tradition of drawing up lists of desires - I mean goals - I mean resolutions. As in, "I hereby resolve." There's just no going back on a resolution. Yet we do. Before January's even over we forget all about them.

Photo: hypervocal.com
Do real people even make New Year's resolutions? Or do they just let the rest of us think so, because the characters in the Sunday funnies do it?

Personally, I figure life has enough stress already, and doesn't need me to tie it up with resolutions that rely on factors I can't control anyway. But as a writer, there are a few things I'd like to focus on in 2013:

  • Organizing my schedule better so I can spend more time writing.
  • Keeping my blog a lot fresher than I did, on average, in 2012. I think you deserve that.
  • Finishing the first draft of An Analysis of the Cardassian Language before November's NaNoWriMo begins.
That's it. If I make a long list, I'll lose my focus.

What are your goals for 2013?





No comments:

Post a Comment