Friday, October 26, 2012

Networking as an Indie Writer

Photo: BNINH.com
Yesterday morning I went to a meeting. My friend Joe Lore of computer distributor Sunnytech asked me to sub for him at his Business Network International meeting. So I went, thinking I was there mainly to represent Joe and not myself or my writing.

But the format of the meeting let me do both. Everybody gives a one-minute presentation about their business, and I gave the presentation Joe sent me with, but I also had the chance to give one for myself. I chose to speak about my novel Resist the Devil.

I met a lot of interesting people, some of whom I hope to keep in touch with. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the members of BNI's Greater Salem chapter for not only making me feel welcome, but really drawing me in and letting me participate.


No comments:

Post a Comment